Modern enterprise development with Quarkus
Apr 17th, 2023
Thanks for attending!
In this workshop, we'll cover how to do effective application development in year 2023 with Quarkus. We have a whole day to cover the most important concepts, topics, and technologies to be able to develop Quarkus applications.
What will be covered
- Hello world in Quarkus
- Difference to Spring & traditional EE
- Quarkus dev mode, turnaround times
- CDI, Quarkus-specifics
- Instrumentation, metrics, health
- REST, JSON
- Concurrency, contexts, scheduling
- Persistence, transactions, Panache, data migration
- Docker, deployment, DevOps aspects
- Qute Templating
- Quarkus ecosystem
- Native mode vs. JVM mode
- Security, JWT, user auth, OIDC
- Advanced topics (depending on attendee interest): custom security, reactive, Neo4J, Kotlin
This is more than just a beginner's Quarkus course. We not only want to see how some technologies are being used, but especially what makes sense in real-world projects. You will be able to ask questions about your project's challenges. At the end there will be no open questions left.
- Java knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Enterprise Java (Spring, Java EE, Jakarta, MicroProfile, J2EE) helpful
- JDK 16+, Maven 3.6, Docker to run all examples
How it works
We will have a full day of interesting Quarkus content, from 9am - 5pm CEST. The workshop is done via Zoom and attendees can turn on their microphone and camera for questions, if desired.
Most of the time will be spent in the code and IDE, and sometimes the browser. All questions and slight technical derails from the main agenda are highly welcome — ideally the workshop not just a monologue but as interactive as possible.