Effective testing for Quarkus applications
Oct 21st, 2021
In this workshop, we'll cover how to effectively test enterprise applications developed in Quarkus. We have a whole day to cover different test scopes, approaches, and tools.
What will be covered
- Test principles & constraints
- Test scopes
- Code-level tests
- JUnit, AssertJ, Mockito
- Use case tests, component tests
- Code-level integration tests
@QuarkusTestyes or no?
- System / acceptance tests
- Databases & test data
- Data migration
- Effective testing workflows
- Local development, IDEs, build tooling, Maven, Gradle
- CI/CD pipelines and testing
- Test code quality & maintainable tests
- JVM test frameworks
- AssertJ custom assertions
- UI tests, Selenium, Selenide
- Test coverage, Jacoco
- Advanced topics (depending on attendee interest): Mutation testing, performance testing
This is the course that you've been looking for how to do effective testing, not just for “Hello world” applications, but real-world use cases. We will compare different scopes and approaches, how to assess when what makes sense, and which tools add value to our toolkit. You will be able to ask questions about your project's challenges. At the end there will be no open questions left.
- Java knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Enterprise Java (Spring, Java EE, Jakarta, MicroProfile, J2EE) helpful
- JDK 11, Maven 3.6, Docker to run all examples
How it works
We will have a full day of interesting Quarkus content, from 9am - 5pm CEST. The workshop is done via Zoom and attendees can turn on their microphone and camera for questions, if desired.
Most of the time will be spent in the code and IDE, and sometimes the browser. All questions and slight technical derails from the main agenda are highly welcome — ideally the workshop not just a monologue but as interactive as possible.
Price: 259.00 EUR